· Our district uses Story town. E.L.A. will be used based upon the balanced literacy model.
· Balanced Literacy
· Read Aloud
· Shared Reading
· Guided Reading
· Independent Reading
· Word Study
· Modeled/Shared Writing
· Interactive Writing
· Independent Writing
Social Studies / Science
· These subjects are taught in themes throughout the year by using hands on experiments and activity based methods. Content reading, thinking, and research skills are taught and literature is often used to enhance the study of certain units.
· Our Social Studies program by Harcourt School Publishers is broken down into Governing the People, The World Around Us, Using Our Resources, People Long Ago, A World of Many People and People in Marketing.
· Our Science program by Harcourt School Publishers is broken down into Life Science, Earth Science, and Physical Science.
· Go Math is the math curriculum we will be using.
· The students will do hands-on activities, games and assignments. Students will work independently while the teacher meets individual needs through whole-group and small-group instruction, as we'll as one-on-one. We also take weekly tests for addition / subtraction math fact practice.
· Homework will be given daily in addition to studying math facts.