Health services require the nurse’s input.
All students will be weighed and measured on an annual basis. They will also have their eyes examined and their hearing tested.
According to state law, every student is required to have the following immunizations:
1. Completed polio immunization series including booster after 4th birthday
2. Measles rubella immunization on or after the 1st birthday
3. Rubella (German measles immunization on or after the 1st birthday.
4. Mumps immunization on or after the 1st birthday
5. Second (2nd) MMR or equivalent before Kindergarten
6. Mantoux test for TB is recommended. Any student transferred in from high incidence areas in NJ or certain states and countries depending on Health Dept. recommendation.
7. Three (3) Hepatitis B vaccines for students entering Kindergarten
8. Varicella (Chicken pox)
All prescription medicines are to be brought to the Nurse’s Office in the original container with the prescription at the beginning of the school day by the parent or guardian. Under no circumstances is any student to transport or medicate himself without a physician’s note as per board policy. All over-the-counter drugs must also be handled through the Nurse’s Office. Students may not be in possession of aspirin products, vitamins, etc.
It is extremely important that all students have a medical emergency card on file in the Nurse’s Office. Please notify the main office if there are any changes to be made on this card during the school year.